Just Keep Sowing

The other morning I pulled a random card from my scriptures in a box. I pulled out Matthew 9:37 "...The harvest truly is plenteous but the laborers are few."

Can I be honest? This is not the scripture I wanted to pull. We hear it talked about all the time. It is ever present in conversation within the church. I wanted something to inspire and get fresh revelation.

God of course, answered that desire. I starting thinking about this verse. Turning it over in my mind. I am in ministry school with others and we are training to be better harvesters and sowers for that matter. However, that is not where the majority of the laborers are. We, Christians, are all the laborers. We are the chosen to go out and preach the Word of God to all nations. The Great Commission does not have a caveat that says after you have gone to ministry school you are to preach the Gospel. The disciples did not attend Bible School. They learned at the feet of Jesus and then others learned at their feet, working side by side with them.

Love or Hate

I am reminded of a statement made by a famous atheist comedian. This is paraphrased, "If you believe there is a Heaven and Hell, if you believe that those who do not know Christ will be in hell for eternity, how much do you have to hate someone to not tell them?" This man equates not telling people about Jesus to hating them...and he does not even believe. So do you love or hate your neighbor, your family members...kinda stings when we look at it that way.

I, like many other Christians, have commented that I am not an evangelist. And I really am not called to be an evangelist...at least God has not revealed it to me if I am. The Word does not say only evangelist preach the Gospel. I do believe we have all been gifted with personalities and gifts that allow us to reach people potentially unreachable by others. We can plant and water seeds for years and not even be present when the harvest in that person is ready. It really is okay. Just keep sowing!

Armory Gift Give Away

Our church hosted hundreds of people for a Christmas celebration in our community where we were giving out 1500 gifts to children 10 and under. We had a lot of fun and the kids were super excited. This event was an opportunity to share God's message. As a result of this event 136 people were saved. (Our Pastor was praying for 100 in December and 1 even knocked that out of the park.)

Think about it. How many of those people come to this event and finally give their hearts to the Lord after years of their families praying for them? How many times does that happen in the altars at our churches? I was one of those people. The ones who sowed into my life where not present when I rededicated my life to Christ, but they see that fruit in my life now. Never diminish the importance of sowing and watering. Love on people and trust that God is more than capable of handling the rest. No degree is required. You don't have to be an evangelist or minister...just share what God has done for you.


Comments

Popular Posts