Ministry School - Emily

In September, I started ministry school at Centerbranch School of Ministry. I cannot express to you what an impact this is having on me. My faith is growing. I am more confident in how to articulate my faith. I am constantly receiving fresh revelation and encouragement. I am part of the inaugural class, we have 16 students who faithfully attend and participate. Each of us intern with the church as part of our practicum for ministry. Our dynamics range from stay at home Moms, police officers, office and warehouse workers, and linemen. (Just to name a few.)

Since the ministry school is just beginning, things like scholarships are not yet available. As a faith based school, we are accredited by the same organization at Kenneth Hagin's Rhema School of Ministry and many other ministry schools; which eliminates us from utilizing things like federal student loan programs or federal grants. I have offered to share the stories of my classmates to help all of us raise funds for ministry school. You can donate through their posted paypal account or simply make a donation to Centerbranch Church. If you have any questions you are welcome to reach out to me for additional information.

I start this effort with Emily Daugherty who has been a personal blessing to me more times than I can count.
This is Emily. Doing what she does best!!

Emily - In Her Own Words   paypal.me/EmilyRDaugherty

I grew up in a Christian home, and when I was old enough to participate in the youth group at the church my family attended, I was hooked! Jesus, friends, fun, and loving and goofy youth pastors, who could ask for more? I had found my tribe. 

I remember looking at the stage in youth when we first moved into our own space with a stage, where the worship team was playing and singing and feeling a pull to be up there with the team. Not because I wanted to show off my skills, (which were average), but because I wanted to help lead the charge into the presence of God. I saw the importance and responsibility placed on the worship team, and I wanted to help lead that charge.  So, at the young age of 14, I joined the youth worship team.

From 14 on, I have been consistently on a worship team, for years serving weekly as a backup singer, and I loved it.  I had found the way to serve the Lord and fulfill my hearts desire, which was to help usher in the Lords Presence.

Fast-forwarding many years, I was married and just about to have our first child.  I had been serving on the worship team at the church we attended at the time, and it was time to take a break from serving on the team while I gave birth and adjusted to motherhood. The worship pastor agreed and said to let him know when I was ready to come back.  At the time, I had every intention of serving on the worship team once Isaiah was a couple of months old, but once I gave birth, I was overwhelmed with the responsibility given me in the care of this new human. I couldn’t fathom how I was going to go back to serving. The devil had planted a lie in my mind that I couldn’t be a Mom and serve on the worship team.

“The time commitment is too much…. your baby needs you at all times… The worship pastor doesn’t want you back on the team….so and so is way more talented and useful than you….”

I would sit in service on Sunday mornings and yearn to be back on that stage, singing my guts out to the Lord, but the enemy kept those lies running through my mind.   Soon, I became pregnant with our second child, and the lies amped up.

“You’ve got two kids, there’s no way you can be on the worship team….” 

My breakthrough happened when my husband and I followed God’s leading and started attending Centerbranch.  We went through the Growth Track classes, and when it came time to choose an area to serve, I knew that I had to get back to where I belonged, and auditioned for the worship team that very day. 

I am so thankful for God and his loving heart leading us to Centerbranch.  Our new beginning at this church has lead to growth for both myself and my husband and in turn our children. Pastor Luke does such a good job of encouraging his flock to pursue God for themselves, while leading by example.  As a result of our pastors example, I began to feel a hunger to know the Word better, not only for myself, but so that I could be a better leader for the youth I spend time with (remember when I said I found my tribe with the youth group? That has never changed)  By now I was in charge of the youth worship team, and all the while knowing that to help these teenagers go the distance, I had to go there first to help guide them in their journey and I was yearning to for a way to do that while still being able to be available to my children.   

While helping co-lead one of the female youth small groups that meet once a month, I discovered I didn’t know as much as I thought I knew. I was struggling to lead these sweet girls, because in fact I hadn’t taken the time to study the Word and really dive into what Christ’s nature really looks like.

As my hunger to know Christ grew, I struggled with how to deepen that journey.  I needed something to help discipline me because now with three small children at home, I needed an anchor.  That’s when the Centerbranch School of Ministry was announced.  My spirit leaped for joy when I saw the video, announcing the start of the school.  I knew in my spirit that I had to be a part of that first class or I would be missing out on what God had planned for me.

Doubt and accusations crept up on me, even in the last ten minutes before I left the house to go to that first class. But Praise the Lord, I knew I was suppose to be in this class and ever since that first night my mindset has been changed. There has been a shift in me and an understanding that wasn’t there before. 

The first night of class, Pastor Luke asked everyone to say why they were attending this school and what they wanted to get out of it. I was first in line that night, and before I knew it, out of my mouth came my God given task, that I hadn’t even fully realized yet. What I am called to do is to mentor young people (especially young women) in worship, helping them to learn about worship, how to worship, and how to lead, and build them up so they can fulfill their calling and I can’t do that without having a solid foundation on who God is and His plan for us.  I have to go the distance first and bring them with me. I want to help young women fight the lies that come up that will prevent them from chasing after their calling.  I want to help young people find their fire for God and fan the flame of their spiritual growth through worship.  If they can realize the value of worship now, it will set them up for spiritual and personal success! If they can grasp the importance of being in the presence of the Lord, all those spirits that seem to attack teenagers in particular will fall to the wayside and these young people can thrive instead of struggling to get through the days, weeks, and years.

There’s so much more to my story, but this is what I believe pertains to my calling the most. Resist the lies the devil tells you, and focus on what your spirit desires to do for the Lord. Run after that desire with everything you have with a servants heart.

God has provided the means to keep attending CSOM, and I am trusting Him to continue to pave the way. 

An Amazing Woman of God

That is Emily's story in her words. If you look back at the photo of Emily you can see the joy of the Lord emanating out of her. Even as I read her words I hear her voice with its tender, genuine excitement in my mind. She has an amazing gift for music and is a blessing every time she is with the worship team. She can't contain her joy, and it blesses everyone she meets.

I stated above that Emily had been a blessing to me personally. On so many occasions, she has given me a word of encouragement backed with scripture. She cares for people so deeply. It is obvious in how she pours into others and even follows up to see how things are going. I should also mention Emily's husband, Mike, ministers to the children at our church. Together they are raising 3 beautiful children. They are a truly amazing couple.
Bless Emily today. You can make a donation for Emily by going to paypal.me/EmilyRDaugherty. You can also give direct to the Centerbranch School of Ministry and direct your gift to Emily.

Thank you for reading and bless you for giving. You can make a difference greater than you realize.

Comments

Popular Posts