Love And Marriage: Thanksgiving 2018 Part 2

This is my husband, Joe. The photos in this blog were taken July 2017. Of all the photos we have I believe my Mom really caught "us" in these pictures. This is the love of my life, second only to God. We have overcome obstacles together, we have journeyed a path that would have destroyed many marriages, but we stayed strong. Once we found God, everything became that much sweeter.
He is a joker, in the best possible way. We laugh together, we cry together, and life is simply better with him at my side. He is a good man. He loves his family, he works hard, he volunteers, and best of all...he is mine. To say I am thankful for him seems so trite but I am overwhelmingly thankful for my husband.
Being thankful does not mean things have been perfect or easy. Marriage, love requires commitment and work. It does not just fall into your lap. I have heard people say that a marriage was too hard and that is why they divorced. Everything worth having has its challenges. God freely forgives and saves us, but was it easy for you to build your faith? Did you build your faith with no resistance? No. It takes perseverance and intentionality. Marriage and relationships are no different.

One of the greatest challenges I face now is how to be a godly wife. The world teaches women we can do anything and be anything. It rarely tells us how to be good wives and mothers. The more I look to the Word of God about my role as a wife, the more I see how I need to take a step back and yield to my husband. I am called to respect my husband and he is called to love his wife. Personally, I think he does a far better job at his role than I have done in mine. I am learning. With God's grace and mercy, I will become more and more of the help mate my husband deserves. 

In the meantime, I want to simply say to my dearest husband, my closest friend, Joseph, I love you. I appreciate all your hard work. Your dedication leaves me standing in awe. Seeing how we are growing in faith, leaves me wrecked before the Lord with a thankful heart. I know as the days, weeks, and years unfold we will enjoy a new maturity in our amazing relationship. I am proud to tell people you are my husband. Thank you for always supporting me and loving me through the years. I am truly a blessed woman. 



Comments

Popular Posts