Cambodia Mission - July 18

The marathon begins...we meet at 9:30 AM and we do not leave for the airport until 8PM tonight.

One last breakfast at the hotel. My tummy is doing cartwheels so I am eating light. One last time with Dragon Fruit and amazing fresh pineapple juice. Oh and all that free, fancy coffee.


Brother Wes takes me by surprise and brings Momma Joi into the conversation. He felt there was distance between us. He was not wrong. With everything that was going on prior to this mission trip I retreated into myself. The enemy attacked me from every angle: my children, my health, my job, and my family. Instead of reaching for my support team, I evaded them. I was not fooling anyone. I wear my feelings like clothing - when I am down, oppressed - I look it. Part of it is a pride thing. I do not want to have to feel and look so weak to others. I know the struggles my sisters deal with - they do not need my struggles added to that. So I pull everything in and force my way through....crisis mode. That is a terrible way to deal with things.

The thing is, when you distance from those you love and who love you...you hurt them and you hurt yourself. I'm glad I had these moments with Momma Joi to reconnect. She poured into me with love and wisdom. Some of what she said I am still marinating over in my heart - praying over it to better apply it to my life. Other things were direct hits to the spirit and confirmed what was already unfolding in my heart and mind.

Final Sermon

Our last service was a message from Pastor Perlito. Before he began, we each had an opportunity to share what we are taking from this mission trip. Peace and joy are what I take personally. Also the beauty of unity between a diverse group of people. Understand the unity does not always mean we agree or in fact completely like one another. We were unified in a common mission. Even when we did get on one anther's nerves, we were able to give grace and pray over the circumstance.

We heard from Pastor Roy. I did not have the chance to work with Pastor Roy directly, but his heart for the mission field was so obvious. It radiated on his face and in his words as he addressed the team through tears. These men, their wives and families have a calling on their life. They are invested in their mission and completely dependent on God in a way most of us will never truly understand. I have the utmost respect for them.

Pastor Perlito is a Philippino Missionary working with his wife and two beautiful daughters in Poipet. If I recall correctly, he has been on the mission field in Cambodia for 15 years. He has such excitement and fire when he speaks. I was able to capture the opening of his sermon. Watch this video and listen for his "hallelujah". (Sorry, blogger would not let me inbed the video.)

There were many hugs and tears as we said goodbye to Brother Wes and Sister Regina and all the missionaries present at this last encounter. They are each imprinted on our hearts.

Last Hours in Cambodia

We had a couple of hours before we had to vacate our room. A few last minute packing obstacles and then a nap. I woke a few moments before my alarm. The girls and I trekked down to the lobby to check out.

Once again the monsoon raged. A handful of brave souls went back to Pub Street. The rain just poured and poured. By the time we reached Cafe Central the rain stopped. We each headed in separate directions. Lexi and I picked a couple of last minute items up and went for a manicure. It was a nice time for just us two girls.

Girls

I have to give you a few words about Lexi. This young woman blossomed on this trip. I have always seen Lexi as quiet and reserved. She is so mature and kind. Not to mention funny. This chick had me in stitches. She never backed down from the challenges placed before her. Trust me, this trip pushed the best in the adults. Her praise and worship was so pure and lovely. I had the privilege to be her prayer partner during this trip and it blessed me to pour into her spiritually. I watched her care for her sister in a way every parent hopes their children will care for one another. What a blessing to know her and her sister more on this trip.

The rain poured once more. Lexi and I had to run a block to our meeting point. The young woman who did my nails walked us down with an umbrella so we would not be drenched when we met the team. Such kind people. We left Cafe Central and stopped by Lucky Mall. Lucky Mall has a food market, where we were able to snag Cokes and chips. This was our last stop before returning to the hotel.

Afternoon To Rest

Returning to the hotel we still had about 4 hours before we were leaving for the airport. There had been an incident with a hotel staff member being grossly disrespectful to a member of our team. This incident had led to a meeting with the owner of the resort. I have to say he went above and beyond in trying to apologize to my dear friend. We were blessed with an afternoon tea service and waters while we waited. This along with our Lucky Mall snacks, made the afternoon a blessed time of sharing and fellowship. To end my stay at this beautiful hotel, a few of us ladies had amazing foot rubs in the lobby. Just what was needed before the long flight home.

Departure

Our team developed a connection with many of the hotel staff, so it was bittersweet to leave them. They have been so kind and accommodating to all of us. We loaded up and made the trip to the airport of Siem Reap. First to the ticket counter and then on through security. These are the final photos in Siem Reap. Faith's face says it all about the level of exhaustion on this team.



We board our plane and fly out at 11:10 PM. The next time I touch down will be in Shanghai for an 8 hour layover. Until tomorrow - God bless us with safe travel and minimal turbulence.

Comments

Popular Posts