Guaranteed: Words of Life Promise Box V5

"It is better to trust in the Lord than put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8
 
When was the last time you bought something that was guaranteed. That word, "guarantee" prompts all of us to buy things from exercise programs and appliances to automobiles and homes. We take comfort in something having a guarantee...even if the guarantee is time limited. We even accept job offers and various opportunities based on the promises or guarantees given to us. I dela with warranty issues all the time and I can tell you...a warranty or guarantee is only as good as the person/company who stands behind it.

Imagine if you could receive something that was not only guaranteed for your life, but also the lives of your children. A guarantee that you can be instrumental in transferring to other families. Now look over at your Bible. That is your 100% satisfaction guarantee. 

I Don't Get It

My friends, I know someone rolled their eyes and thought "I have heard this my whole life". I know you did it because in the past I was two pews behind you doing the same thing. We hear that the Bible is the living word of God, but many of us never take it to heart. No, the words do not get off the page and dance around you. It's God's word, not cartoons. When you start acting upon the word, that is when you see it come to life.

Now the Bible speaks of tithe and offering. Tithe is our 10%, giving or offering is above that. It can manifest in many forms. A donation to missions, helping charity, or supporting the needs of a Pastor or congregant. Our missions team is giving to each other, and the funding is increasing. God's word tells us in Luke 6:38, "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over...". Our leadership team for this mission is giving to one another. We support each other's fundraising efforts. We give to mission events at church, to evangelist and many invest in other ministries. God has shown strong in funding some of these folks who had no foreseeable means of funding the trip. Trust me, anyone in missions has stepped out in faith for financial provision. I have personally never heard a missionary share their story without something coming up about divine provision.

My husband and I are acting upon the Word. The missions team is acting upon the Word. God has opened the door to Cambodia and through activating the Word we are running through the door rejoicing at all the great things our God has done. (Can you tell I am getting excited?)

Words of Life Promise Box

"It is better to trust in the Lord than put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8

I have not pulled from my Words of Life box in a while...this seems rather timely.

When you trust God, you trust His word. When we act upon the Word it activates within us...making it the living Word of God. Not long ago, I was frustrated and angry because I felt my faith was too small. I felt like I was "messing up" when it came to faith. My desire for righteousness and holiness is not overlooked by God. Neither is my level of obedience.

I trust God...but then a doubt creeps in or I try to figure out the plan. Seriously, why do we try to figure out God's plan...most of us can't handle our own plans. He has this. I can't necessarily quote you scriptures chapter and verse, but scripture pops in my mind frequently. I surround myself with in in my workplace, in my home, and even in my vehicle (in the form of sermons or music). I want my faith to explode. I want to have so much confidence in God that I am like a kid on Christmas morning waiting to tear into a present. I do not want to be able to contain it.

I used to say I barely had a mustard seed of faith. Brassica nigra (black mustard) seeds grow to maturity at a size between 2 feet and 8 feet. This is the mustard seed most likely being referred to in the Biblical reference. This seed shows first leaves within 48 hours of being planted. They flower within 45 days and are ready for harvest in 6 to 7 weeks. They germinate and grow fast. These outcomes are based on the seed having what it needs...food, water, and environment.

If faith is not growing, perhaps you have not cultivated the right conditions. I have long put more confidence in my problem solving and planning skills than I have in letting God handle it. I was starving my poor little seed for a long time. As it finally started to grow, I slowed its growth by not feeding on the Word enough and trusting God. Eight foot tall mustard plants are not accidental...they are intentional. Let's be intentional in the garden of our faith. Trust in the Lord, not in yourself or other mere humans.


Comments

Popular Posts