Happy Anniversary, Baby


 


Yesterday was my 15th wedding anniversary to an amazing man. He is more than I could have hoped or prayed for in my wildest dreams. Happy Anniversary Joe, I love you more than words can say. (However, you know I am going to try.)

When we met, both Joe and I had experienced a lot of life. Plenty of bad decisions, bad relationships, and plenty of havoc we created ourselves. Joe was never suffocating, but always there when I needed him. We have been partners from the beginning. We have survived crisis after crisis, side-by-side. From the moment we heard it "God Blessed The Broken Road" has been our song because it spoke so much to how we found each other.

Joe has pushed me to follow my dreams. I wanted to go back to college before we got married. After our short honeymoon, our first stop was by Fayetteville State University, where he told me to go get what I needed to apply. Every educational goal I have achieved would have been impossible to reach without him. In my career, he has always been there to encourage me and tell me I could do it. I hope I have been at least half as good to him as he has been to me.

Latest Developments

A little over two years ago, Joe and I started attending Centerbranch Church. I rededicated my life and somewhere in the process so did he. Joe does not talk about his experiences as much as I do. I first learned he was filled with the Holy Spirit when I heard him praying in tongues beside me at a small group meeting. It was the sweetest sound to my heart.
In two years our relationship went from being partners to a state where two have really become one. We do devotion each morning and pray with one another before we leave for work in the morning. If I reach out to tell him I am struggling, I often get a scripture back to encourage me. It is not uncommon for him to hear a song and send it my way, all because the song reminded him of me in some way. It may not be roses and extravagant gifts...but it is love and happiness. It has become a much sweeter relationship as we have grown closer to God.
We serve in church together. We talk. We laugh. We pray. We love. I could not be more at peace with the man I am spending my life with and I look forward to many more years and decades together. You are the love of my life and I thank God everyday for you.

 

Comments

Popular Posts