Here I Am...Send Me

If you have followed my blog you know the Cambodia Mission Trip for 2018 has been often on my heart and mind. I had convinced myself God was telling me to wait. After all, all of life's circumstances were mounting and the weight of everything was already so great. Saturday during a team meeting for the mission trip, Brother Wes called me out.

Now, I don't know about you, but when an anointed man or woman of God singles you out it is exciting, electrifying, and some little part of you is sometimes terrified. It is not a scared sensation it is all the excitement and anticipation pulsing through your body. This has happened to me twice in less than a month. (Probably because I am a bit thick headed.) I have fasted. I have prayed. I have pleaded...God show me a sign that I am supposed to go on this trip. He did not send a sign...he sent a messenger. The message was not what I expected. I expected, "go forth and be on the mission" or something like that. Instead, I got "Get out of the way." The truth of that 5 word statement was a gut punch. Not just about Cambodia, but about...well, everything. Me trying to handle or fix things results in missed opportunities and huge gap in my faith.

So Saturday night, after more prayer and a little bit of hand wringing...I sent a deposit under my name for Cambodia. I slept like a baby and woke up feeling amazing. Something released in that act of faith...I don't feel like the world is crushing me. I can breath again.

Here I Am...Send Me

I am simply going to share with you the contents of an email I sent out asking for support.

   "Last year, Devon - our youngest, went to Cambodia as part of a mission team. They engaged in street evangelism and even did some teaching and preaching. Things had to be small scale because a public service would be deemed illegal. They are not hostile to Christians, but in a Buddhist country we are not exactly their favorites. My son was transformed over this ten day period. Since then he has been awarded a scholarship to attend The River Bible Institute in Tampa, Florida where he plans to study worship music before going on to either the military or pre-med. (Personally, I think God has something else in store, but time will tell.)
   There is a team returning to Cambodia in July 2018. We have over 30 interested and around 25 committed with application and deposits submitted. My husband and I have felt led to join our son this year. The team is expanding their efforts for 2018. We are building a church in No Man's Land. An area of Cambodia about 20 miles from the Thailand border. Before the team went last year there was not a church established in this area. Now, we are returning to build a church! Now they average 100 people: men, women and children. 
   Our sponsoring missionaries, Wes and Regina Webber, have shared that the ministers have limited resources. Our youth group raised money to buy a lap top and a projector for one of the ministers. Yet, so many others have few resources. Wes shared with us that one gentleman has been teaching from the book of Matthew for a decade or more...because that is all he has. We have some amazing people planning to join us who are knowledgeable in the Word of God and full of faith. These leaders will be providing a pastors and teachers seminar to develop these ministers who are on the front lines in Cambodia. We are also hoping to procure bibles in Khmer, the native language of Cambodia.
   Street evangelism and shoe distribution will be going on too. The team's base of operation is in Siem Reap so they encounter an international field...but our focus will be the areas that the tourist won't go. Last year this team witnessed healing. They experienced miracles first hand and shared the message of Jesus Christ with people who had never heard his name.
   As with everything, finances play a role in making this transpire. Our team runs adopt-a-box campaigns on Facebook. We have fundraisers planned. We know God is able! We live in an area where the cost of this trip per person is more than most households make in a month. The majority of the team is under the age of 20. The cost of the trip is $3000 per person. For the team to go and to fund building the church we are trying to raise $100,000. (That is 30 people on the team and $10,000 to build the church.) I am asking you for help. Please join together as a family of believers and pray about our team. As much as we need partners in financing, we need partners in prayer too. If God leads you to donate to the mission trip we will be beyond grateful. If you want to join us there are slots still available...deposit deadline is February 1st.
   We live in an area where hope is sometimes a rare commodity. Many young people feel trapped in our little town of Clarksburg and think that their dreams end at the city limits. Those who went last year learned that the world is far bigger. They learned the real impact of faith. They shared hope and managed to bring plenty of hope back with them."

Getting It Done

The family is now committed. Deposits are non-refundable and this is our faith in action. As a family we have a sizeable amount of money to raise on our own...$9000. We launched our Adopt-A-Box and have 4 boxes adopted. See...
 
Let me take a moment to explain the Adopt-A-Box. To adopt a box - select a number between 1-130. Donate the amount of money on the box you adopt. As an example pick box 101 and donate $101 to the Cambodia Mission. You can send donations to paypal.me/SueGallien or donate at www.onehopemissions.org - send PayPal donations as a gift with Gallien Family in your note, if sending direct to One Hope Missions. Make sure you tell us what box you are adopting at https://www.facebook.com/dominicsue.gallien.


As a team we are selling t-shirts (Click Here for T-Shirts), in the spring car washes, and frankly any type of fundraiser we can think of between now and May 1st. It is a great deal of work for something that will impact us and those who support us for the better.

Truth in Advertising

I hate asking for money. It makes me physically sick setting prices on items, which is probably why I don't cook for a living. I have never been and never desire to be a sale person. I do want to share the blessing of this trip with you. Last year, my son did not send out thank you notes and such, but we tried to express thanks to everyone we could. This year, if you are donating and adopting-a-box, please make sure we have either your email or address. We have something lined up for everyone who contributes but you won't know what it is until we return from Cambodia.

Search your heart. You cannot go wrong contributing to something that furthers the kingdom of God. You cannot make a bad decision, when you are instrumental in spreading the good news of Jesus. Let me encourage you to buy shirt, adopt-a-box, and most assuredly support this team with your prayers. I ask you to share this blog and our story. The first deadline is approaching on February 1st. The faster we raise the money the more economical the flights will be...that means more for building the church, more for bibles, more money to bless those with far less than you or I.

We will keep you posted on our progress!

Comments

Popular Posts