Christmas Card Fail

Things have been a little heavy in spirit for me lately so I am taking this brief moment to reflect on my poor Christmas Card skills. I am not exactly sure when I last sent out Christmas cards to the masses. (I may have been a teenager.) Each year, I buy a pack or two of cards after the holiday fury, promising to send them out prompt after Thanksgiving. Mind you I have thrown away packs of cards because they have discolored with age. We have LESS than 10 days to Christmas and the Minion cards that I fell in love with are staring at me from my desk. Though adorable and cheerful...is that really how I want to wish my loved ones a Merry Christmas?

Does this mean I am off the hook addressing and sending cards? Nope. I get a reminder every couple of days from my dear husband to get the Christmas Cards out. (When is he joining the signing and addressing party.) I would rather be baking cookies...can I make a cookie a Christmas Card? Never mind, shipping alone would ruin me.

Alas, I am relenting. Once I finish my coffee, off to Wal-mart I go. I will find some more "adult" Christmas cards. However, if you chance to receive a Minion Christmas Card - I am either introducing you to the juvenile side of our family or you already know we should adult supervision when buying Christmas Cards.
Merry Christmas to each of you!!

Comments

Popular Posts