The Intolerant Tolerant

I believe in human rights. Understand to me human rights is basic dignity, respect, the ability to pursue lawful employment, to function in society regardless of all the labels placed on each of us, regardless of any lifestyle or faith. Those are HUMAN rights. I also believe there is a level of responsibility and maturity that comes with both human rights and our rights as American citizens. Your right to peaceably assemble ends at my property line. My freedom of speech ends when it becomes inflammatory hate speech.

Fear Leads to Intolerance


You can look at any conflict and see it started in fear. I am going to quote Yoda here, " Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Who would have thought that a Jedi Master could sum up the problem with intolerance. As a Christian I do not fear sin or those living in it. On the contrary, I pray for you, I have and continue to befriend you. I am not angry with you, albeit sometime I am frustrated with you. I most definitely do not hate you.

Christians stating that those outside of Christ is simply a statement of fact from based on our belief. It does not mean that is what we want for you. Can you see there is a difference? Evidentially, many cannot see the difference.

 

The Intolerant Tolerant


I do not follow politics as closely as I probably should. Some time ago, my son showed me this clip from the Bernie Sanders addressing Russell Vought during a budget nominee hearing. This I cannot stay quiet about. The same man who spouted tolerance is completely intolerant of the Christianity.

Let me be clear. I do not hate Muslims. I do not hate the LBGT community. I have friends, yes friends, that are part of these communities. I love these people. I do not force my faith down their throats. I do believe that if you have not reconciled with Jesus Christ that you are condemned. Condemnation is separation from God. I believe this with my whole being. That does not make me an Islamophobic or Homophobic anymore than that makes my friends Christianphobic. I have not made a study of Islam, but I would being willing to wager they believe we are condemned for not following their belief system.

I mourn common sense and basic human kindness. The establishment wants to tell the public that if someone does not approve, they hate you. If I do not approve or believe something is a sin, I want to protect you. I want to show you love and kindness...I do not want to hurt you. By the way, if you have Christians trying to cause you harm...they probably have work to do in their own faith walk.

So let me be very clear...


I believe the bible. I believe Christ to be the son of God. He came lived among us, established his church, he died for us and was resurrected. I accept and believe the things counted as sin are things that will separate us from God forever. I believe God is consistent, so a sin in the beginning is still a sin today. I believe it is my obligation to love everyone and share the message of the gospel. If you refuse to believe the gospel or my testimony, that is between you and God. I believe that if I treat a person callously I will have to answer for it. I have my own sins to count, ask forgiveness for and work through with my Heavenly Father. I am only made righteous through Jesus Christ. 



Media Strikes Again


This past week Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne prayed over our President in the Oval Office. Who could imagine that the laying on of hands and a solemn prayer for wisdom and protection for the President could make such a stir. I watched the interview of Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne on Fox and Friends this morning. I find it interesting that Erin Burnett of CNN can refer to this as "strange" with little backlash. Does her lack of understanding of Christianity equate to Christian phobic? Why do we have a double meaning to equality and tolerance? Why are Christians attacked in a nation founded on Christianity?

The answer is actually simple. We let the devil take ground. Inch by inch, year by year the enemy has crept in. In the interview they cite the removal of prayer from schools and you can trace a huge increase of negativity, crime, drug use and so on from that key point in history. In our drive and ambition to advance we let Satan advance. We have not lost the war, but we are in a battle to take ground back from the enemy. This prayer in the Oval Office is one of many steps.

I agree with Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne a great Spiritual Awakening is on the brink of pouring out across the land. Not just America but globally. My son is currently in Cambodia with a mission team with One Hope Missions working with missionaries Wes and Regina Webber. The people in this country are hungry for the word of God and the hope that comes with it. Revival is not just coming...Revival is HERE!

Comments

Popular Posts