Looking Back

I started the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University today. I find myself stuck between excitement and dread. I took the time to look back at my earliest posts on this blog. In review, I started this blog because I was looking to downsize into a tiny house. I wanted to be more minimalist. So not even close to that...not yet.

I still toy with tiny house ideas...mostly the skoolie bus plans but that is more fantasy than practicality. Despite my protestations over a year ago, not much in my financial arsenal has changed. How is that even possible, to be so focused on changing financial patterns that you manage to stay in just the same place? Because I had not educated myself. I did not know how to get out of where we were. I still do not know completely, but now I am actively taking steps to make changes.

Be Encouraged


I am not posting this as a "OH WHOA IS ME". We each have to look at our progress to determine where we need to focus. Since last February I have grown tremendously in my spiritual life. My faith has multiplied and I have connects with people unlike anything I have ever had before. After glancing in my rear view of past posts, I had the right intention but I did not give the necessary attention to those goals and desires.

So I regroup. I complete The Financial Peace University. I apply the principles to my financial life. I create the family menu and plan to eat at home. I address my needs instead of indulging my wants. That includes needing to exercise versus wanting to eat indulgent foods.

If you feel like you are floundering, you are not alone. You are also not doomed to stay in the rut. Reassess, ask for help and get your butt moving.

Comments

Popular Posts