Next Right Thing

I started reading "The Best Yes" by Lysa Terkeurst almost two months ago. I am not normally that slow with reading but I have had a lot on my plate recently. Hence the need to read a book about "making wise decisions in the midst of endless demands". Honestly, I have had to sort of marinate on some of the wisdom this book presents - then go back and re-read those close to home sections. This is a wonderful, heart-felt read that reminds us we are not perfect and that includes well-known Christian authors and speakers. We ALL have our moments.

As I am nearing the end of the book, I just read an excerpt where Lysa is talking about a sermon her pastor preached about why Jesus waited four days and for Lazarus to die before he showed up. Her pastor stated, "Jesus had already shown the world He could heal. Now he needed to show all that He could resurrect. They had to know that." Lysa goes on to say that struck people because we have these hurts that require more than healing, they require full-on resurrection. In the very next paragraph she talks about doing the next right thing that is in front of you.

I almost fell out of the recliner. We have some obstacles we are dealing with but after a little reality and reflection those obstacles are not the monsters I thought them to be. They are frustrating, but they are not debilitating. The real crisis is that moment of doubt I struggle with. I just have to do the next right thing in front of me. In the moments of doubt that is reaching out to those with wisdom, reading my bible and praying. It's remembering the promises and standing on them. It's having the humility to tell some, "yeah, me too" when they are in the midst of their struggle.

This is good stuff off one page of this book. Seriously, click on the link and get this book. It just might change your life.

Comments

Popular Posts