I Can't, God Can

Exodus 3:11-15 (NIV) "11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” 12 And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.” 13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you. “This is my name forever, the name you shall call me    from generation to generation."


 

Moses was not excited about he mission before him. Sometimes I think we get caught up thinking we are going to be excited and eager to take the next step on our path. The fact is our humanity gives us pause. The excitement comes and the reward of obedience comes when we push through that fear or anxiety to do what we are called to do. An introvert called to preach probably feels a little overwhelmed...at first. In God, we can do anything. In our own power, not so much.

All I have at the moment is "write". That is all the mission I have clearly discerned. I'm not sure what to write, just the blog, a leadership book, a novel, a bible study, an article for a Christina publication or a church newsletter. At the moment, I have one word. Writing is always a joy for me, but what is the mission before me? The doubts try to force their way in, but as I continue to write the doubts quiet. In the quiet act of obedience, the doubts hush. When the doubts in my ability hush, the excitement and joy of obedience enter my soul.

Maybe God has given you a blueprint or perhaps just single word. Obey what you know. Pray for wisdom.



 

 

Comments

Popular Posts