Fight For Victory

"For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.” Deuteronomy 20:4


I spent all day Friday bathing my mind is God's word. As I previously posted, I found sermons by my Pastor, Joyce Meyer and Steven Furtick they spoke to the "mind monsters" I often struggle with. It made a world of difference. The main take away that I want, no, that I need to put into action, is walking like a victor. We have already won the war. Clearly stated in the last book of the bible...we win.

I know it sounds obvious and simple, but if you know you have won, your walk changes. From sports icons to beauty queens...there is a swagger to your walk when you are a victor. There is confidence in what you do.

We know we are going to have off days. Let's make it a practice to give those days of struggle to the Lord and remember we are already victorious. Let us reach out to our sisters and brothers in faith to strengthen and sharpen us. Stop being afraid to talk about your struggle. We are not mind readers...no one can support you or pray for you if they don't know you need it. I am not talking about being a whinny, needy person wallowing in the pity of others. I am talking about asking for help when needed and giving it to others every opportunity we can. That is what community and family is all about...helping one another succeed. Not feeling sorry for ourselves.

A Final Thought...


I had a few people approach me last night who read my blog. The entry this past week where I was a mess created a movement of prayer around my family. I often worry that I share too much or that my words will hurt instead of help. This gentle, loving and prayerful support was confirmation. We all have our struggles. Some of us are able to give voice to them while others quietly, privately struggle. Those who can give voice to the struggle, voice to the fellow Christians in arms in the midst of the good fight have an obligation to share. By confessing my shortcomings and struggles followed by how God works in these circumstances sharpens my faith. It sharpens the faith of others as well. Although this blog is from me about my experiences in this life, it is not intended to be the "me show". I share these experiences and thoughts to put voice to the things we all go through. To create the conversation of so many things that were taboo when I was growing up. I do not believe God intends for us to stumble around in the dark when we can reach for wisdom in His word and in the experience of fellow believers. After all, the word is to be a lamp unto our feet...there is no darkness where the light has dispelled it.

Comments

Popular Posts