Counting It Joy

A couple of days ago I shared that we were going through the book of James as a church. I addressed the "consider is all joy" and expounded upon my experience and thoughts.

This morning...I am counting it joy!!!

I had an injury at work back on June 7th. It's been uncomfortable, as healing muscles and tendons generally are...but no serious pain. Monday pain set it and after physical therapy it set in with a vengeance. It was so intense I felt nauseous.  I followed orders. Ice or heat, whichever one works best. Muscle relaxer and OTC pain reliever. As the day shifted to evening the pain intensified. Mind you the real pain was not in the shoulder itself but in my neck...radiating into my head. I prayed for others, but the prayer for myself was rather weak.

Early Morning Wake Up Call


Just before 3 AM I woke up in severe pain. It felt like one of the migraines of old. Once again I felt that nauseated feeling because the pain was intense. Joe had fell asleep with the TV on so I switched it to 935 which is a Christian music channel. "Spirit of the Living God" by Meredith Andrews. (Find it here.) These are the lyrics playing when I changed the station, "When you come in the room, When you do what only you can do, It changes us, it changes what we see and what we seek, You're changing everything".

When my hubby leaves the TV on and I wake later in the night, I typically change the station to the Christian music channel. It does not usually convict me. I did not run for medication. Laying in my bed, fearful movement would cause the nausea to give way to vomit...I prayed. It was a whiny weak prayer. I heard the lyrics again, "cause when you speak, when you move, when you do what only you can do, It changes us, it changes what we see and what we seek".

I got out of bed and went to the office. In my pain I could not find my Bible. I was a little confused by the intensity of what I felt. On my desk is a notepad with all sorts of scriptures I have been compiling. I began praying scripture. My pain was intense enough that words were blurry but I kept going. My "Winning Prayer" book by David O. Oyedepo was also on my desk. This is a man who knows and understands fierce, violent faith. The kind of faith I want. His book is scripturally based and I started digging in and including those scriptures in my prayer as well. My prayer grew stronger. I was no longer begging God for a favor, instead I was stepping into the promises He has for me. I was commanding the enemy to release my body and to get out of my home and go back to hell where he belongs.

I paced through my home, quoting scripture. I anointed thresholds of my home as I called on the promises of God. I prayed and rubbed anointing oil on the areas of greatest pain. In other words, the devil was put on notice. Then my prayers turned toward others. My friend struggling with a violent marital meltdown, a young woman battling leukemia and a younger girl battling serious seizures. I prayed for my parents and children. Various health concerns for my parents, major decisions for my children and the souls of each of my children. Our youth attending camp this week. I thanked God for all he had done and was doing. This went on for a while.

Peaceful Sleep


Close to 4 AM I crawled back into bed. I had taken no pain relievers or muscle relaxers. My head, neck and shoulder were all pain-free. The only reason I turned my heating pad on for a few minutes... I was cold and hubby hogged my blanket. I slept peacefully. I woke up a little tight and achy...but no PAIN...just have to get moving. My body will catch up with the healing that is already mine. I will follow the doctor's instructions...but I will not submit to pain that God has already taken from me.


How about you??? Has something triggered violent faith for you? Have you been woken from slumber and called to fight, in prayer, when you least expected it? Share your experiences so "iron can sharpen iron".

Comments

Popular Posts