Happy Day

Mother's Day will not be marked with pretty cards, bouquets of flowers or other gifts this year...and that is perfectly fine. (Hint to my sons - phone calls, cleaning or other gestures accepted here.) I do not need gifts or cards to mark Mother's Day. It used to bother me, but that is not the wheelhouse my sons operate in. Besides cards and flowers are overpriced. (Second hint - Mom wants to plant 1 or 2 Knockout Roses by the Hydrangea)

All joking aside, I do not need a token from my husband or sons. I am contented that this is the first year in a very long time that Mother's Day and my birthday were not plagued with anxiety or depression. This last year has been full of growth, fulfillment and love. Not to mention I am too involved with living life to stew in a pool of regret. I am happy with the person I see in the mirror. Despite needing to lose weight, that person looking back at me in the mirror is exactly where she is supposed to be right now and she is pretty freaking awesome. I get to be a mother to my boys, a wife to my husband and an extension of so many families at my church it sometimes boggles my mind.

What am I really saying here, other than telling my boys where I want to plant a rose bush or two? I am honored by the love and grace that I receive from my family...immediate, extended and adoptive. Since Mother's Day is about honoring Mom...what more could I ever want? (OK, maybe those rose bushes.)

Ladies, what makes you feel loved or honored? Not just on Mother's Day, but day to day.


Please share your story with us in the comments below...

Comments

Popular Posts