Buried or Planted

My Mom shared a post last week on Facebook that stated "Sometimes when you are in a dark place you think you have been buried, but you have really been planted." (That's paraphrased, but you get the idea.) That little meme has stayed with me the last few days.

We often think we are buried in responsibilities. We are buried in work. We are buried in debt. In general, we constantly think and sometimes act like we are buried. Trust me, I am right there with you at least once a day. I think that is why this really struck a cord with me. What is the difference between being buried and being planted?

If you are buried...you are dead. If you are planted you have the potential to grow. (Unless you are in a garden under my care, then buried and planted might be equal.) Do I feel buried in debt sometimes? Yes. I look at the bills and wonder if we can ever really be debt free. We make a little headway and then something comes up. I do not need to be rich, but not having debt would be amazing. We are not buried. We are making tiny headway in debt reduction and we are able to meet our obligations. It's just not always comfortable.

I am certainly not buried in responsibilities. I am a busy, busy lady but each challenge I take on sharpens me. I learn from every thing I engage in so I am growing. If you are buried and dead you cannot grow. As we grow we have to be pruned, because we have the potential to always been a little more than who and what we are today. Why? Because we are planted, not buried. So stretch a little more toward the Son and grow in the light of God's love. He has you planted so you can bloom. After all, we have to bloom to bear fruit.


Where are you planted and growing today? Share in the comments...

Comments

Popular Posts