Quotables

I love a good quote. I once kept a notebook filled with various quips and quotes that inspired me. Somewhere in my digital files is a multi-page list of quotes that have inspired me in dark moments, calmed me in storms and empowered me when I was timid. Last night I was looking for strong female leadership quotes or quotes from female leaders. Here are a few I would like to share to help each of get through "hump day".

“One’s philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes… and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.” -- Eleanor Roosevelt, former First Lady

“If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.” -- Dolly Parton, singer-songwriter

“’Restore connection’ is not just for devices, it is for people too. If we cannot disconnect, we cannot lead. Creating the culture of burnout is opposite to creating a culture of sustainable creativity. This is something that needs to be taught in business schools. This mentality needs to be introduced as a leadership and performance-enhancing tool.” -- Arianna Huffington, Huffington Post

“We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they do not exist.” -- Queen Victoria, Former Queen of the United Kingdom

“Leadership should be more participative than directive, more enabling than performing.” -- Mary D. Poole

These quotes and many more can be found at "50 Motivational Quotes From Disruptive, Trailblazing, Inspiring Women Leaders"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts