God Hears Our Heart

We hear all the time "God answers prayer". Honestly, when I think of the phrase I have generally been praying for a miracle, deliverance or some other MAJOR, big-ticket item on the prayer list. I have never really considered asking for prosperity to be a prayer, more of a wish. (Frankly, it felt greedy. But the Word says God has plans to prosper us.) Asking to hear God's voice or receive direction also seemed like a prayer that was more of a routine than a real cry for help.

This morning was a little different. I have been reading through a bible plan I got at church. I have kind of struggled reading Numbers and the first bit of Deuteronomy. The laws and directions for sacrifice seem to have droned on and on and on. I hate to admit it...I even dozed off earlier this week trying to get through a section about the amount of grain, oil and animals to sacrifice. Most days I read my bible then I pray. (I actually pray most days before I get out of bed, but my directed, intentional prayers are usually after I read my bible.) I did things a little different today. I prayed first. I asked for God to give me something from His Word. I pleaded to be blessed with inspiration for my book and my blog.

Have I mentioned that God is good? He is awesome when we seek him first...even before reading his Word. In a very small section of scripture I have three blog ideas and a rather poignant statement about leadership for the book. WOW, should have changed this up a while ago.

I am not writing today to brag that God gave me direction. I am writing to tell you to change-up how you do things. Maybe it is as easy as praying before you read the Word. Maybe you need to read your bible in the morning instead of at bedtime. Many of us are praying and reading the word, but many of us are not getting the direction we seek. Some of us are just not seeing the forest for the trees in our spiritual walk. So try something a little different. Do not make prayer and reading scripture a simple routine. Engage in your prayer life. Engage when you read the word. Ask God for what you need and direction on how to better connect to Him.

Updates


I apologize that the blogs have been few and far between recently. I have been over scheduled, under rested and pondering. There are many things unfolding now. Good things and overwhelming things that are good but just hard to wrap my brain around have been unfolding all around us.

Devon is pledge funded for Cambodia. Meaning he has $2800 pledged for the trip. Of that $2050 has been received. The rest will be here in plenty of time, it is from a few relatives that will make sure he has it in time. I want to thank anyone who reads my blog that has donated. This decision to go to Cambodia is already creating life change in our son. I am so excited to see what God does in his life and the lives of this family.

I am asking my blog followers to join me in prayer for this Cambodia team and the missionaries who founded the church in Siem Reap. First pray for softened hearts, open minds and receiving spirits as the missionaries continue to work for the church in Cambodia. Pray that extraordinary favor is bestowed on them by the churches they visit both in financial gifts and committed prayer warriors who break down the strongholds that may exist. Pray that the team of people going experience a renewal of spirit and that their hearts are transformed. Pray they will have boldness, unconditional love and humility as they encounter souls without Christ. Pray that those of us supporting this team are strong and faithful in prayer and deed as we share their story and continue to raise money for the travel and for the church in Siem Reap. Funds are still needed for other members of the team and we would very much like to see the Siem Reap church receive an abundant financial blessing. You can donate using my PayPal link under the business page or go to Cambodia Mission July 2017. On the Cambodia Mission page you can see some of the other participants and get information on other ways to donate.

Prayer Request for my Family


A final request for prayer. Please join me in praying for my Papa Duke. He was diagnosed yesterday with C. diff. As I understand it, this occurs when the patient has been treated with antibiotics that have killed off healthy bacteria in the body resulting in harmful toxins being released into the body. (I am not a doctor...that is coming from a combination of updates and WEBMD.) Papa needs prayers for strength and deliverance from this condition. He has some other health issues but we know the greatest physician with the perfect bedside manner. Pray for my Granny and the surrounding family to be strengthened. Pray that they stand on the promises in God's word, instead of fretting and fussing. Let hearts be made new and pray this circumstance brings not only physical healing to Papa's body but emotional and spiritual healing to the family there with him.

Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for reading. I'll be writing again very soon!

Comments

Popular Posts