No "Me" in Surrender

I am at Avalanche Winter Retreat with our Aspire Youth. Free time started at 1:30 and I really want a nap. It was a late night and an early morning. No naps are in my immediate future and I expect another late night.

But what a blessing to be here. I have had the privilege to talk with some of our students about things weighing heavy on their hearts. I had the opportunity to pray with them over these issues. I am honored they trust me enough to share their stories.

What a responsibility? I've been a leader in many capacities over the years, but today that weight seems heavier. So much is marketed to young people. There are pressures beyond anything I recall. Personally, I remember more of the bad, well meant advice of my youth than the good. I do not want to be a broken or worse poisoned well to those I am trying to help along the way. We all need the one Shepherd, Jesus, who will give us living water. I want to be an extension of the Great Shepherd in all I do.

Just as there is no "I" in team, there is no "me" in surrender. To fulfill my purpose in God's plan will require full surrender. As a bit of a control freak, this is a lofty command. I have been praying, pleading for vision, clear purpose, gladness, boldness and power and in order to receive that...surrender, full surrender is required.

I want my steps, words and motivations to be ordered by God and fully in his will. I want his voice to be so clear that I do not question if it is God's voice or my ideas. Quiet my mind Lord, bind the flesh that the spirit may clearly hear your direction.

Thank you for the opportunity to be an instrument in the growth of others. Thank you for helping me grow along side them. What a privilege, what a joy divine to encounter God?

Comments

Popular Posts