Order My Steps

We have all been told to be careful what we wish for or to be specific in our prayers. This is a work in progress for me. In the past my prayers have been broad, weak. (In truth a bit narcissistic too.)  You know, "God please heal me" or "God please bless me". That is pretty broad and truthfully rather ineffective. Considering that we are Children of God and share the inheritance with Jesus, that Christ himself told us in John 14:12, "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father."

So why are we approaching things like beggars at the door. I am not talking about "commanding God". I am referring to speaking out the promises our Heavenly Father has made. Instead of please take this pain away or heal my toe, be BOLD. In the name of Jesus, through the stripes he endured I am healed. Put a draw on the promises of God. When you first hear this in church or read it , yes it is a little overwhelming. We have spent so much time trying to grovel our way to righteousness that we are uncomfortable being bold in our prayers. If we cannot be bold in prayer, how can we boldly share God's message with others???

Life Resolution


I said before I do not do New Year's Resolutions. I am standing by that statement because these are new life commitments. These are commitments I am praying over. The issues I will bring before God as we enter a Fast on January 2, 2017. I do not want my changes to be flights of fancy. I want them ingrained deep in my being. Only God can do that for me...trust me I have tried this on my own and about 4-6 weeks in, I would be back on my face. NOT. THIS. TIME.

The bulk of the success I expect is because God will give me strength to face these obstacles and I will count them as blessings this time next year. (That is not arrogance, that is Faith.) In addition to prayer, study of the word and fasting...I am putting the cards on the table. Yes, each of you will be challenged to hold me accountable. (I'll double dare you to join me.)

  • Grow Spiritually

    • Attend a connect group

    • Work with a mentor on specific areas of spiritual and scriptural education and growth

    • Disciple 2 or more people

    • Get a clear picture of the first step God needs me to take toward...toward, I don't know exactly - but I know I am being pulled toward an aspect of ministry. I don't know if it is full-time, part-time or exactly where I am right now. God knows. I just need the humility and reverence to recognize when He gives me direction.



  • Stick to a daily morning schedule.

    • Up at 5:30 (daily, ok maybe not Saturday) to start my Bible Study and prayer. (minimum 30 minutes)

    • 6 AM Workout (workouts are 30-45 minutes

    • 6:45 ish Shower and prep for the day

    • 7 ish Drink my Shakeology (ask me about it...best health-food-shake-protein-thing ever; and I HATE protein shakes)

    • While sipping my morning shake, complete an update blog entry

    • 7:30 start pre-work tasks

    • 8am Work day begins



  • Spend at least an hour writing every day and 3 hours on Saturday/Sunday

  • Get Healthy

    • Lose weight

    • Exercise

    • Use fewer chemical products (I am loving essential oils for cleaning. Cheaper an smells better too.)

    • Less reliance on medication (again essential oils and other homeopathic methods)



  • Stay Involved

    • Continue to find ways to improve Growth Track by being more cost-effective and creative

    • Grow as a Youth Leader

    • Grow as a Connect Group Leader



  • Work toward Financial Health

    • Tiny house is out. Bus is still a wish list item. The reality is my life is right here so I need to act in the present.

    • Rebuild our savings

    • Get more serious about retirement (it's a long way off, but still)

    • Be a better steward of the income God has graced me with



  • READ

    • I have a dozen books waiting to be read and at least 2 books I want to write. The time is now!




The list is longer than I even imagined. Several of these things I am already working on, but I want it to be second nature. I want my life ordered, as much as possible, so that I have the time, energy and funds to help others as I am lead. I give this list to the blogosphere in hopes of being kept on task. Hold me accountable. Let's lean on one another to make 2017 the start of improved, blessed, new lives filled with Peace, Joy, Love and in my case...a lot of self-control via the strength of the Father and the presence of the Spirit. My prayer from this day forward is simple, "Father, direct me, inspect me, correct me, protect me and perfect me." I claim the coming year as my year to grow in every aspect I listed above. These are good things and all good things come from the Father. So God, order my steps according to your word, According to the promises within your word I claim victory over every obstacle in my way...even if the obstacle is myself.

It is risky putting such bold statements out for the whole world to see. There it is though. One last "risky" thing I will state. Several months ago I prayed for healing from hemiplegic migraines. After multiple services where the Evangelist or the Pastor offered prayer for the sick I finally went forward for prayer. I was self-conscious about praying for healing. So many thoughts ran through my head. "What if I don't get better?" was the primary thought. Then one of the youth talked about how he prayed for healing and his body "had to catch up to what God was doing". Even as I type tonight with a pressure headache (come on it was 60 degrees yesterday and 28 degrees this morning), I know I am healed. It has been more than 3 months since I had a hemiplegic episode. I am healed because of the stripes Jesus suffered through. It is only right to give God the glory for my healing. The devil has no power here...unless I give it to him and I command him to flee from my life and my family this day and every day henceforth. The hold of evil and sin has been given an eviction notice and they can go back to hell where they came from.

Empower your prayers with the promise of God. Stop speaking about and complaining about problems. Pray the promise and do something about it. We are sons and daughters of the KING. Stop acting like beggars. We are the lioness to the Lion of Judah. We are clothed with the whole armor of God. Is their anything about those designations that is weak or whiny? NO. So let God order your steps. Let the Spirit of God make you bold and fierce. In all things give God the glory. AMEN!

Comments

Popular Posts