2 Corinthians 5:17

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"

Whenever we buy something new we have to learn how to use it or give time for the fit to become truly comfortable. Last night I spouted a lot of vibrato about how I was boldly going forward and asking for accountability. So here is the account of my morning. I woke up late. Actually, I woke up on time and got out of bed late. (This change in weather has not been kind to my body.) I did my bible study and devotion. I prayed. I did a mini workout, mostly stretching. Now I am posting my blog. Technically, I did most of what I set out to do in my morning routine, but I am completely unimpressed with myself.

I had this vision of waking up and attacking this process. Feeling stronger, healthier in my faith, my body and every other area. The hard reality is that I am a new creation, I have been for sometime. Just like my body had to step into and accept healing, I now have to go through the process to create these new habits. I have to work through the process to reach the full restoration God has for me.

So this morning I will not be stepping on the scale, but I will rejoice that I made an effort. Tomorrow the effort will be a little more. Eventually, I will witness the changes I so desperately want to see in physical being. I did make a critical step in my financial security. Tithe and my missions pledge now come out of my account the day we get paid. God gets the first fruits automatically. I resisted doing this for some time. I liked the ritual of writing out the check. However, the check writing process is easy to lay aside when you can't locate the last book of checks you thought you had. (Actually I was already in the last book) It is too easy to forget to put the checkbook in your purse to write things out on Sunday morning. Then there are the times when we are tempted to short God because the bills are looking a little heavy. This removes the discussion and eliminates the temptation.

What can you do today to make a positive change? How are you being made new?

Comments

Popular Posts