Shake

I love when things I have been contemplating are brought to light. Sunday we had a great service. Our Discipleship Pastor delivered the message and he did an amazing job conveying "God is Good" to the assembly.

One point he made was about the message in Christian Music. Some of the songs on Christian radio are defeated and are not speaking the promises of God. Instead they give in to the "once a sinner, always a sinner" thought process or the idea that we must suffer. I have picked up on several nuances in various songs, but one of my favorite Christian bands has a song out "Broken". When I first heard this song I liked it but I thought "how incredibly sad". The one line that I find so disheartening is "The only way we'll last forever is broken together".

I get the message they are trying to convey...I really do. However, we are made new in Christ Jesus. There is no cause for us to remain broken. The bible does not say God will super glue us back together...we are MADE NEW, we are MORE than conquerors. What we listen too reinforces our actions and beliefs. Pay attention to what you take in.

Everyday my alarm goes off to the song "Shake" by MercyMe. I start everyday with this song and if my attitude gets negative I play it and it helps me to bounce back. "Brand new looks so good on you, So shake like you've been changed..." It reminds me I am made new. Perfect...no I am not perfect, but I am forgiven, blessed and I can "Shake".

Be bold and be blessed.cropped-believe1.jpg

Comments

Popular Posts