Be Careful Little Ears

Many of us have heard the children's song that goes, "Be careful little ears what you hear, be careful little eyes what you see..." and so on. I mentioned in an earlier post that certain song lyrics, even in Christian music, were troubling me. It seems many, many people I am  in contact with are seeing the same thing. Our Discipleship Pastor touched on it in service last Sunday and our Youth Coordinator addressed it in her message on Wednesday night.

This audit of what is going in and coming out seems to have caught fire in that trip I made home with my son over a month ago. I am paying closer attention to what I am feeding myself in terms of music, video and even on social media. I am even being cautious about the scriptures I read aloud.

We are working our way through Psalms this month. David had some rough patches. We all know about his legacy, his triumphs and defeats, but as inspiring as many of the Psalms are, there are a few I am not reading out loud. WHY? The claim or surrender to defeat, suffering and hardship. King David was human and subject to every fleshly bump in the road as the rest of us, so I expect the fluctuation in his writing. I think reading these passages actually gives a little more humanity to this colorful hero of the Bible. There is a purpose for seeing how God overcomes all the obstacles and frustrations David encounters. I just don't want to speak that into my life.

Words are powerful. A friend of mine and I have both been struggling with "stepping into healing". We were messaging one another how we were no longer putting up posts, "Pray for me because..." and I stopped following the Hemiplegic Migraine page. We were both speaking and acting in defeat. God has healed us both. One of the young people gave a testimony a few weeks back in our youth group. He was healed but he said his body had to catch up to what God had done. This spoke to me more than any message on healing I have ever heard. At the time I was still accepting that God would heal me of my hemiplegic migraines. That was speaking in defeat and I did not even recognize it. Let me tell you now, I am healed. I am not taking medication anymore and at the point I always have an episode...I was just fine.

Are we human? Yes, of course we are and no we are not perfect. But the Bible calls us Saints, not recurring sinners. Stop accepting that you are a sinner. Ask for forgiveness and accept you are a Saint of God, because you are Born of God and God is Good. (PS - those are two of the current titles of sermons on Livestream.com).

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord..." (I Corinthians 1:2 KJV)

So back to being careful what our ears and eyes absorb and what our mouth spews forth into the word. Guard your heart and soul. Stop feeding negativity into your own life. Do not accept defeat. (Unless you are the devil, then accept defeat and recognize who is in charge here.)  Speak Life! Speak healing over you and your loved one. Speak peace in our country and our homes. Claim God's blessing and stop asking for it like you plan to be turned down. Lack is not of God. Everything GOOD comes from God so if it ain't good it ain't God. (This is not rocket science)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

For everyone who reads this, I claim blessings of healing, prosperity and joy. We are children of God, let's start living like it every day. If you want to make a difference...this is where we start.

Comments

Popular Posts