Waiting Patiently

I am keeping my daily devotion book in my purse these days....for emergency use. If you are looking for a daily devotional, that is short and easy to take everywhere....check out "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. The messages of the devotional always seem like perfect timing and the supporting scripture a perfect compliment.

20160927_062656

Today one of the scriptures was Psalm 27:13-14. "Yet I am confident I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord, be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord."

We are told to be patient waiting for the Lord and to be brave and courageous. I don't know about you, but I frequently get frustrated, waiting on the Lord. What I do see is that God's timing is far better than mine. I may struggle with an issue but when God's plan for that issue is revealed it always amazes me how the pieces fall into place.

There are things in my life that I know were mistakes.  They were flat out sinful in some cases. God uses the lessons I have learned regardless of how I learned them. He works all things to His good.

So step out today and be brave. Courageous. Be patient as the Lord works things out. Pray and ask for Him to keep you present minded, instead of looking to the what-if scenarios of the future.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts