Cooking Up Commitment

September 25, 2016 at 5:30 we are having Connect Link at CenterBranch. A huge picnic, games for the family and the chance to check out the connect groups for the fall session.

I am not sure if I am anxious (excited) or nervous. Maybe a little of both. I want to be God’s instrument. I want to do this well. I feel the responsibility of ministry much heavier as I prepare. I trust God, so everything will go well. I have a fantastic assistant, Erin, to give ideas and encourage. As the date approaches, it feels like the first day at a new school. I cannot wait to see who comes to my connect group. I am excited to meet new people and get to know others better. We will learn from each other and we certainly do plenty of laughing.

We are going to be working through the book of Ruth. I am using Nicki Koziarz’s book, “5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn’t Quit” as a guide to identifying those traits or habits we need to be committed women. My plan is to include a few posts a week specifically for my connect group. Since we will be cooking as well, I will post the recipe for the week here for my group. I hope to inspire myself and others to push through the hard stuff and quit being quitters. (Today’s early post about being an Overcomer, comes to mind about now.)

Most people quit because they feel overwhelmed or hopeless. We do not set out to be quitters, failures or frauds. Not even non-believers set out on that path. I worked with all types of people as a probation parole officer and never did anyone tell me they wanted to be a failure, an addict or a criminal. We have to recognize who we are in Christ. An overcomer doesn’t quit.

Be serious! Be alert! Your adversary the Devil is prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for anyone he can devour.  I Peter 5:8


 …we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope.  Romans 5:3-4

Comments

Popular Posts