Fast Food Surprise

Yesterday I grabbed a quick lunch at Chick-fil-A.  I don't care for fast food joints, but I can eat Chick-fil-A anytime. Yesterday was a slight disappointment. My fries were hot but not cooked through. This surprising disappointment got me thinking. I've eaten a Chick-fil-A since I was a child. As an adult it is almost always drive-thru. There have been very few times when I was not completely happy with my service and my food. In 35+  years that is pretty impressive.

On the flip side, one of the reasons I hate fast food is the bad service and frequently disappointing food. I do not expect 5 star at McDonald's, but it would be nice not to have to say hot fries when I place an order. Some people see the line at Chick-fil-A and keep driving to the next place with a drive thru. I stop and take my place in line. In our town, McDonalds and Chick-fil-A are side by side. If the line is wrapped around Chick-fil-A and several real cars deep at McDonalds I will be on my way much faster going to Chick-fil-A and normally have no issues with my order. (I also don't have to pay extra for my sauces.)

McDonalds is not the only disappointment, I could offer may complaints about Arby's, Burger King, Wendy's and Hardee's. The first being get my order right. Double check if necessary, but give me what I order. Second, food should be hot...especially french fries. Lastly, sweet tea should be sweet, but not to the point of being syrup.

I travel alot for my job. There is a reason I seek out Chick-fil-A. I can only recall a handful of times that I was disappointed compared to the consistent disappointments with other chains. There is something to be said for a company with consistent standards over the decades, multiple states and numerous franchise owners. Hats off to Chick-fil-A. It's nice to be SURPRISED by a negative experience, instead of expecting it to be negative.

Comments

Popular Posts