My Husband Is Amazing

We met in 2001, married 2003. We merged 4 boys together and have roller coastered our way through almost 13 years of marriage. (April 26 will be 13 years).

image

Joe has supported me through so much. Our first stop coming home from our honeymoon was him taking me to enroll in college to finish my baccalaureate. He would continue to support me through two, yes two master degrees. When I get overwhelmed, he is my rock. He reminds me of my strengths and loves me as I am. What more could I ask for?

The valentine's day before we married he took me to a local restaurant. He had flowers delivered ahead of time  (silvery, lavender color roses). He gave me the collector's edition of Beauty and the Beast (the animated Disney one).  It's a silly something I love that brings me joy. He also gave me a beautiful red leather bound book of poetry. I was beyond overwhelmed...then he took the book and read a poem to me in front of the entire restaurant. (We laughed after dinner because everyone thought it was a proposal...lol...best punk out ever.) This took alot of effort on his part.

We do not do overwhelmingly romantic things like that all the time, they would not be so special if we did. But he anticipates my needs and wants, truthfully, far better than I anticipate his. He lifts me up and comforts message when it counts.

I had surgery this morning and once home he just quietly made sure everything was taken care of. He made me soup, kept my water filled and picked up my meds.

He is not a saint. Trust me, like most wives there are things I am still trying to change about him. He is my best friend and the love of my life.

Comments

Popular Posts