Back to the (Downsizing) Task at Hand

image

This is the conquest of my personal weekend. My husband and sons worked on our basement and I decided to declutter the upstairs. Unfortunately, I only finished the master bedroom and closet and started in the kitchen, but WOW I feel a sense of accomplishment.

I have 3 or 4 small items out of my bedroom that I am still undecided on. I have no practical use for them, 2 of them bring me no joy, but it might be less painful to hold on to them for a while longer. These 2 items were given to me by a member of my husbands family. I do not know if they have true sentiment or if they are cast offs. I want to know more about them before I make my final decisions.

A lot of what I cleared out is being donated. We have a local mission that desperately needs clothes and such. Some thing my husband is putting on Craigslist or LetGo, if they do not sell, they will be donated too.

The focus for the next year is to pay down debt, lose weight/get in shape, and build savings. If some of my clutter and excess can help resolve one of those...it is a bonus.

Shifting to a 1 car family has been easy. Of course I have the company car to use as well, but I expected a little more emotion giving up "my" car. The Jeep is very nice and my hubby is very happy with it.

I'm happy with the progress in my home. We have come upon some unexpected and quite large expenses but the order forming in other areas of my life has left me more able to face these new obstacles...without freaking out. This is a nice change of pace.

I had some time to look at tiny house plans today and I am getting more excited about the prospect of getting ours started. So many possibilities. So much to look forward too.

Comments

Popular Posts