A Different Type of Downsizing

The pile of clothes and unused kitchen items have been donated. I was very pleased that we had a Salvation Army  in the area I could donate too. My Granny rang the bell for the Salvation Army for most of my life, so they hold a special place in my heart.

I continue to see ways to trim what we hold on too, I'm not buying things the way I once did...I purchase with purpose. I already see the benefits of these small changes.

I desperately need to downsize myself next. My big self will fit more comfortably in a tiny house if she sheds some pounds. My joints will appreciate it too. I'm having surgery Monday so I cannot start an intense workout plan, but I can start downsizing my meals. I need to eat with the same purpose I am approaching my purchases for my home.

Why is it so much easier to cut the fat in my material possessions and so difficult to put the fork down. (That's rhetorical)

I know I'm an emotional eater and lately the emotions have run very high with the pending surgery. I want to be healthier. Yes, I want a smaller number on the scale but it is not about getting into a size 4. (If I  made it back to a size 4 I'd be sickly). I want to feel confident in my own skin. I don't want to ache everytime I exert myself. I don't want to be a 40 year old moving like a 60 year old.

I am planning a future in a tiny house so I can live and enjoy my life. A life where my husband and I can do things we have never been able to afford chasing the bigger, better, more expensive American dream. Two of the things I want to do in the next year or two are white water rafting and scuba diving. I need to be in better physical shape to do these things...so my body needs to downsize along with the material things in my life.

So here is the question to you....what else do you need to downsize? My Mom needs to downsize her stress, one of son's his whining and anger, we all have something...what is yours?

Comments

Popular Posts