Needs Part II

This is more of an add on to my previous post so if you are just joining me this will make zero sense unless you read Needs from 2/16/2016

I do not profess to be a highly religious or spiritual person. The best way to describe my path is it is a journey I am traveling daily with God. We are working on it. That being stated upfront, I have spent a lot of my time listening to Christian music stations of late. The positive message makes a difference in me that I like. Tonight while driving home to West Virginia from training in Virginia I caught part of a sermon about needs and wants on one of these stations. I found the timing ironic or perhaps devine. One of the comments (this is paraphrased) "it's not about what you own, but what owns you".

So back to my previous needs post. I don't own my house, my house owns me. I work to pay for it, to feed it, maintain it, groom it....etc. It might as well be a child. The more I pondered the things I "own" I kinda got irritated because most them have a lot more ownership over my time and effort than I have over them. What a wake up call. (Not to mention perfect timing).

I don't normally listen to radio sermons or talk shows, usually a little news, music and books. Talk radio and sermons are not my choice on a trip, but this was one of those things I just stumbled upon that happened to be timely. I want to be honest with those who read this in how I present myself. I don't want to put myself up as some saintly, well disciplined person...I am not that woman. I am trying just like you and so many others, leaning from my mistakes and taking things a day at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts