Giddy Joyfulness Over the Little Things

So today I get an email. 10 likes for my blog and a total of 2 comments. I'm over the moon. (I'm not talking to myself...yeah!) My husband thinks I've finally lost that last fleeting grasp I had on my sanity. It made my day. I am new to this blogging thing. I enjoy it, but I return to the idea...who the heck am I?

I consider myself pretty average; however, none of us are really average. We all excel or fall short at things. Along with my mission to downsize, I am taking joy in the little things.

I drive a lot for my job through rural West Virgina. Having grown up in the flat piedmont of North Carolina, the mountains give me glimpses of little marvels everyday. Wild animals...ok, deer. Woodland critters, babbling brooks, beautiful mountain vista's and old buildings. Sometimes you see people, families working hayfields or farms together. It's a very different view from the hustle and bustle of the military town I grew up in.

I get excited about a liked blog post because it means I have people out there. You may have been where I am now or may be right here with me.

There is so much ripping people apart in this world. Ripping society apart. I'm not trying to be political or religious, but don't we all have so much more in common than we have different? Why can't we focus on positive things together? (I can hear my Grandfather now saying I sound like a hippie...lol)

I am well known for playing Devils advocate and looking at a situation 100 different ways, but really at the end of the day if we can be giddy and joyful over the little things won't that make us all happier? Don't let a day pass without laughter...even if it is at yourself.

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading this! I just told my husband this morning about my few likes and comments. Although, I have done guests posts and written short blurbs for 'other' blogs, I'm new at focusing on my goals and my own blog. I am super excited where I am in life and I liked reading this reminder to find joy in the 'little things'...because ultimately isn't it little things (baby steps) that lead to the grand defining moments in life?! Thanks again for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts